Wednesday 20 January 2016

Hatem Aly pt.1: Getting Paid


Hatem is an Egyptian illustrator currently living in NB, Canada. I've been following him on tumblr for a while now, and since receiving an email from a publishing company in Dubai about illustrating a children's book, I thought it would be a good idea to contact him to ask for advice etc. as he has illustrated many children's books for arabic speaking countries/dealt with work from abroad - if there are anything I need to be aware of/take into consideration and how he gets paid as well.


I am so glad I contacted Hatem! His response was so detailed and helpful! I think contacting specific individuals is better than contacting general business emails (like ones that you get on studio's websites). Next time, before contacting a studio, I will identify the head person first and use their email to contact them!

No comments:

Post a Comment