Monday 4 January 2016

Children's Book Commission! pt.1


 I met the manager of a publishing company in Dubai last April - he approached me whilst I was exhibiting at MEFCC. Today I received this email from them and I am so SO excited! My drawings could be used in a published book in the UAE! omg! This is really weird because I just finished a children's book for CoP3 and here I am getting commissioned to work on another children's book! Also, I wonder if I could make this an Extended Practice project? hmmm.. I must ask.

I haven't agreed on anything yet because I feel like I would also need to come up with a contract or something - I once heard John go through this process for Alice and now I regret not joining their conversation! I want to talk to John or maybe ask alice what he said to her about it. I think John mentioned something about making sure that you always ask a deposit of 50% before you start working? - I want to ask him how I should layout a contract, or if I need to come up with a contract even..

In the meantime, I'll reply back just to make sure they know that I've received their email!


I hope I've replied back appropriately.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment