Thursday 8 October 2015

Plein Air Painting

En plein air is a French expression which means "in the open air" and is particularly used to describe the act of painting outdoors, which is also called peinture sur le motif ("painting of the object(s) or what the eye actually sees") in French.

I'm going to do everything I possibly can to learn and improve and since Kristy said that its crucial to go out and draw/paint from life, to study colour and lighting from reality, that is what I am going to do! I always see people I follow do this, so it must be really good exercise, and since their work is really good, it must also really work in improving your colour and lighting skills too - which I really need to do! Also I'm quite comfortable with digital processes but sometimes I feel like I need a good balance of digital and traditional skills, so this would be a very good exercise indeed to improve my traditional skills.


I'm thinking of making this a weekly brief for OUIL 603 too - I've talked to other students from first year illustration and animation if they want to come along with me, as I think it would benefit them as well, and we've decided to meet up every weekend to paint/draw - starting from next weekend! (anyone else who wants to join in, just come along. The more the merrier haha) I'm excited. Maybe I should actually run a weekly open air painting/drawing for the college. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment